Subject: 2025 Burning Man DMV Application: Tauntaun

From: DMV Application <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 18:25:00 -0500

Please do not hit reply to this email if you wish to contact us. This is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies.

Contact us directly by emailing [email-masked].

[This is an automated email from the DMV's application submission system.]

Your application has been successfully submitted to the Black Rock City DMV for review.

Your Survey Status ID is: SVM25-02-19-4740

After your application has been reviewed, you can expect one of the following:

1. You will receive an email inviting you to bring your Mutant Vehicle (MV) to the Black Rock City DMV kiosk in Black Rock City for the final on-playa inspection. If invited to bring your vehicle, you will also be added to an email announcement list for Mutant Vehicles owners, which will provide you with important information before the event.

OR

2. You will receive an email indicating your Mutant Vehicle is NOT invited to Burning Man this year. If you receive this email, it is because a team of DMV Volunteers determined that this vehicle would not meet the criteria to be issued a license on the playa OR because we ran out of invites for this year. The email will provide an explanation as to why your vehicle was not invited.

OR

3. You will be contacted by a member of the Black Rock City DMV and asked to clarify information about your application or vehicle. Once that clarification is made, the DMV will process your application as above.

Allow at least 5 weeks after you complete your application for us to review it and get back to you. (Though we will likely get back to you much sooner.)  

The DMV will send you status updates on your application periodically . If you have not heard back from us by June 1, or if you have any questions, please contact us at [email-masked].

That's all for now!

Thanks!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Department of Mutant Vehicles

IF YOU DID NOT MEAN TO SUBMIT YET ... 

If you are receiving this notifier, your application has been submitted. If you did not mean for this to happen, please email [email-masked] and let us know that you have submitted a form by mistake. Please include the exact name of the vehicle, the date submitted, and the email used on your submission, so we can easily identify your application.

 Questions are asked based on users and their input. If you see questions you did not answer they were likely optional or hidden from you.

Below are your answers:

-------------------------

First Name

David Ljung

Last Name

Madison Stellar

Email Address

[email-masked]

Playa Name

Captain Mango

Address 1

1447 Palou Ave

Address 2

City

San Francisco

Country

US

State or Province

CA

Postal Code

94124

Phone Number

415 341 5555

I have read and understand all the above information, including the information on the linked pages, and I agree to comply with all applicable terms and conditions.** Please note: This is a preliminary agreement. Before receiving a license to operate a Mutant Vehicle at Burning Man, you must complete and sign the Mutant Vehicle Agreement. This will be completed on the playa once your vehicle has passed inspection.

True

Calendar Permission

True

Artist Credit Name

Captain Mango

Survey Status ID

SVM25-02-19-4740

Vehicle Ownership Structure

Individual(s)

Owning Entity Name

Owning Entity Place of Formation

Address of Owning Entity

City of Owning Entity

Country of Owning Entity

United States

State or Province of Owning Entity

CA

Zip or Postal Code of Owning Entity

Owning Entity Representative 1 Full Name

Representative 1 Title or Role in the Entity

Representative 1 Email

Owning Entity Representative 2 Full Name

Representative 2 Title or Role in the Entity

Representative 2 Email

Owning Entity Representative 3 Full Name

Representative 3 Title or Role in the Entity

Representative 3 Email

1st Additional Responsible Party: First Name

David

1st Additional Responsible Party: Last Name

Stellar

1st Additional Responsible Party: Playa Name

1st Additional Responsible Party: Email

[email-masked]

1st Additional Responsible Party: Mailing Address

1447 Palou Avenue

1st Additional Responsible Party: City

San Francisco

1st Additional Responsible Party: Country

United States

1st Additional Responsible Party: State or Province

CA

1st Additional Responsible Party: Zip or Postal Code

94124

1st Additional Responsible Party: Phone Number

4153415555

2nd Additional Responsible Party: First Name

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Last Name

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Playa Name

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Email

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Mailing Address

2nd Additional Responsible Party: City

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Country

2nd Additional Responsible Party: State

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Zip

2nd Additional Responsible Party: Phone Number

Mutant Vehicle Name

Tauntaun

Mutant Vehicle Short Description

A one-wheeled foam and fur Tauntaun.

Fur has been cut and sewn to avoid moop.

Keyword 1

Tiny

Keyword 2

Furry

Keyword 3

Bizarre

Keyword 4

Monster

Keyword 5

Star Wars

Mutant Vehicle URL

http://tauntaun.ultrastunt.com/

New or Returning Vehicle

A returning vehicle primarily the same as it was in previous years (same theme, only minor changes/upgrades if any)

Previous Mutant Vehicle Names

Tauntaun

Years Your Vehicle Has Been at Burning Man

2024

About the Vehicle's Mutation

This is a one-wheeled uni/motocycle that I used foam and fur as well as latex masks/horns and glass eyes to make a wheelie Tauntaun from Star Wars.

Mutant Vehicle Intent

I mean.  I love Burning Man.  I love Star Wars.

Magic.

Also it's a very relaxing and amusing way to get around when I don't want to do train tours.

Please describe specifically how your Mutant Vehicle will advance the values of R.I.D.E..

This is a single person vehicle.

R.I.D.E. Lead Contact - First Name

R.I.D.E. Lead Contact - Last Name

RIDE Lead Contact - Email

Is your vehicle wheelchair accessible?

False

Day License

True

Night License

False

Lighting Plans

There is a front headlight.

Street Legal

False

Vehicle License Number

State of license

Vehicle Height

5

Vehicle Length

4

Vehicle Width

2

Frame Base

Electric one-wheeled uni/motocycle

Capacity

1-4

Art Tours

Number of Trailers

None

Trailer Description

Levels

False

Level Description

Sound System

False

How big is your system?

Sound Impact Remediation

DJ Stopping on Playa

DJ Plans

Food Service

False

Operating Procedures

It's a single driver no passenger vehicle.  I plan on obeying the 5 mph speed limit, not just because it's the right thing to do at BRC, but for my own safety, and to avoid smashing in the Tauntaun's head.  A dead tauntaun isn't good for much, apart from keeping you warm at night.

Enter/Exit Procedures

Driver gets on the seat, driver gets off the seat.

Vehicle Propulsion Type

Electric motor, charged by both generator and solar (we have a mix).

Mutant Vehicle Fuel Type

Electric (charged by generator)

Other Mutant Vehicle Fuel Type

Battery Type

Lithium-ion

Battery Quantity

I don't know

Battery Size

I don't know

Mutant Vehicle Fuel Economy

How much fuel do you expect your Mutant Vehicle to consume on the playa this year?

1

Is your project working towards the Burning Man Sustainability Roadmap (to be ecologically regenerative, carbon negative, and manage waste sustainably)? 

I'm not sure, send me more information

Please describe how your mutant vehicle will address the challenges of sustainability, reduce your carbon footprint, and/or experiment with innovations around environmental sustainability.

Sustainability Lead Contact - First Name

Sustainability Lead Contact - Last Name

Sustainability Lead Contact - Email

Cleaner Power Alternatives

No

Civic Activation

Public Email

[email-masked]

Web Description

A floating Tauntaun travels across the desert carrying a crusty burner.  Whom tamed whom?

Vehicle Hometown

San Francisco, CA, USA

Design Safety

The vehicle is lightweight, moves slowly, and is heavily padded.

Does your Mutant Vehicle have a steam boiler of any type?

False

Are you using lasers on your mutant vehicle?

False

Laser Contact First Name

Laser Contact Last Name

Laser Contact's Playa Name

Laser Contact's Email

Laser Description and Safety Measures

Flame Effects

No

Do you intend to register for the BRC Fuel Program?

True

How many people does it take to operate this vehicle at one time?

1

How many people are required to prep/build/assemble this vehicle on-playa?

1

Describe Tasks

Tasks Hours Required

Number of Work Access Passes

Arrival Day

Do you plan to request reserved camping?

Yes, we are part of a registered/registering theme camp/village

Camp Name

Partner Dance Adventures

Camp Lead Name

Laura Hutchinson

Camp Lead Email

[email-masked]

By checking this box, I acknowledge I have read, understand and consent to all terms in the above Flame Effects Fire Safety Agreement.

Fire Safety Liaison Name

Fire Safety Liaison Phone Number

Fire Safety Liaison Email Address

Fire Safety Assistants

Flame Effects Scenario

Flame Effect Fuels

Flame Effect Fuel Amounts

Gallons of propane to be used per day 

Cubic feet of hydrogen to be used per day 

Gallons of Other flame effects fuels to be used per day 

Fire Safety Diagram/Schematics File Upload

Flame Effects Operating Plan

Emergency Response Plan

Leave No Trace

*****ADMIN ONLY******

Session ID

1740006900_67b665f47474e1.74803127

**************************

Below are links to the files uploaded in this application:

Please click the link below to access your file. Larger files can take longer to upload, so if your file isn't immediately available please try again in a few minutes. If you are still unable to access your file after 30 minutes please contact the survey administrator:
http://surveygizmoresponseuploads.s3.amazonaws.com/fileuploads/101590/6047425/239-f302e0c68cc7da5f656a517b408b6348_2024-Burning-Man-Tauntaun.jpg

Please click the link below to access your file. Larger files can take longer to upload, so if your file isn't immediately available please try again in a few minutes. If you are still unable to access your file after 30 minutes please contact the survey administrator:
http://surveygizmoresponseuploads.s3.amazonaws.com/fileuploads/101590/6047425/239-5c7dc5205655e85808c317bfe2d770dd_Tauntaun.1.jpg

Please click the link below to access your file. Larger files can take longer to upload, so if your file isn't immediately available please try again in a few minutes. If you are still unable to access your file after 30 minutes please contact the survey administrator:
http://surveygizmoresponseuploads.s3.amazonaws.com/fileuploads/101590/6047425/239-5886a3de3c82f69c6cc070d7241710e2_Tauntaun-Cycle.jpg